[Sca-cooks] on and off-board seating at feasts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 23 01:49:14 PDT 2008

Euriol commented:
<<< There are limits to what I'll try to accomodate as well for a
feast. However, I do suggest to the autocrats of events for which I'm
the Head Cook to make a table or two available for off-board diners
so that they might enjoy the other activities. >>>

Ideally, yes. Here in Ansteorra it is common for their to be both on
and off-board seating often intermixed on the same table. Some areas
don't allow mixed on and off-board seating because it complicates the
logistics of serving. Others often don't allow off-board at all
because of limitations in the number of seating positions available
in the halls.

For more discussion on this, see this file:
on-r-offboard-msg (16K)  9/17/01    Comments on allowing non-paying/
non-eating
                                        folks to attend SCA feasts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/on-r-offboard-msg.html

Stefan