[Sca-cooks] horse meat

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 29 00:26:12 PDT 2008

Lothar mentioned:
<<< Many stores in California with a large Asian clientele sell horse
meat. As long as they tell people that it IS HORSE, it is okay, but
when it is advertised as lean beef, then it isn't.>>>

Yes. I wonder where they are getting the meat from? I thought the
last horse slaughterhouse in the US was shut down recently. Perhaps
that was just the last one in Texas. I think their main market was
said to be France.

Well, just in case those in Caid want to try some period horsemeat
recipes at their next feast, there is this file in the FOOD-MEATS
section of the Florilegium:
horse-recipes-msg (34K) 10/16/04    Period horse recipes. References.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com