[Sca-cooks] Mail, could it be cooled?

Dragon dragon at crimson-dragon.com
Tue Jun 3 08:23:05 PDT 2008

Suey wrote:
>All my respects but I work very long hours during which time I
>receive sca-cooks messages. I am wondering if they cannot be compact
>into one or two messages per day? When my in coming bell rings with
>a new msg ding dongs, it messes me up a bit for the noise, no
>offense to anyone, love your subjects and comments but can't turn
>you off  for I am always waiting for my editor or whatever.
>Anyway, I propose to consolidate SCA messages to two times a day
>more or less at specific hours or if there is no input once a day,
>would that suit y'all?
>Suey

I despise digests and I would be very unhappy if that were forced
upon me. I'm pretty certain a number of other people here also prefer
the immediacy of receiving individual e-mails, it allows for a more
interactive discussion.

However, if you want a digest, you CAN get a digest. You CAN change
your own options to receive the mail in digest format without having
to affect anyone else.

Go to:

Go to the bottom of the page, enter the e-mail address you are
subscribed with and click the button that says "Unsubscribe or Edit Options"

You will need your list password to do so, if you forgot what it is,
you can click a button on the login page to have a reminder sent to you.

Once you log in, you will have a list of options. One of those is to
set digest mode. Another is to set digest format. Turn digest mode on
and I recommend using MIME format for the digest.

I do have one request... if you go to digest and are replying to a
particular part of the digest, PLEASE trim all irrelevant material
before posting and PLEASE change the subject line to match the thread.

Dragon