[Sca-cooks] elderflowers

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 03:26:55 PDT 2008

Yes, the cordial has a definite flavor of the various flowers, particularly
the rose and lavender.  It has a lovely floral fragrance and taste, and none
of the edge that especially cheap scotches have.  To be honest, I really
don't like any liquor straight...even Bourbon, which is my favorite form of
alcohol.  I'm a real "wuss" in that department.  I know that single malt
scotches are supposed to be heavenly, but I can't even handle those.  So I
was a bit nervous about tasting this stuff...but after being urged to do so
by those who assured me that it had lost that hard edge, I did try it (Yeah,
I know...I shouldn't be passing stuff out that I haven't tasted
myself)...and it was very good.  The flowers definitely added a great deal
to it...richer than it would have been with white brandy, vodka or grain,
but not overpoweringly scotch.

Kiri