[Sca-cooks] Something to Ponder-OT, OP

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Jun 10 17:14:10 PDT 2008

I am on all sorts of mailing lists and I got a message today
from Williams-Sonoma that has left me puzzling over the current state of
who cooks what in American households and what is being done to the
chickens of America.
The message is titled:
Exclusive Gift for Dad: Vertical Chicken Roaster

It concerns Williams-Sonoma exclusive new stainless-steel roaster
which promises that "you can grill up to a 12-lb. chicken to perfection."
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/c319/index.cfm?pkey=cckwrst&ckey=ckwrst

So why do only Dads merit this chicken roaster and where are they getting
those 12 pound chickens? (My husband mentioned steroids in passing.)

Johnnae