[Sca-cooks] Cooking Guild in my Shire ...

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 06:46:01 PDT 2008

<snip>

> My idea was to have a meeting once a month, scheduled
> a month in advance, that would have a theme (A la Iron
> Chef).  The theme would be either an ingredient or a
> type of cooking (eggplant - ingredient or Thai -
> type).  I thought then everyone could bring a dish to
> the meeting and there would be 3 - 4 people who would
> actually make their food at the meeting and teach how
> it's made.  Everyone would bring copies of a recipe
> for their dish.
</snip>

That sounds very similar to how Sigrid and Kadlin have set up Cooks'
Nights in the Barony of Roaring Wastes, Midrealm. I haven't been able
to attend recently because of conflicts with my Shire's feast night,
but did make a couple of them at the beginning. They choose a theme
that each cook needs to meet, and everyone brings their recipes.
Themes have been things like "Holiday foods for your persona", "German
foods", and more that I can't remember right now.

I agree that scheduling makes things difficult - before setting a
date/time for yours, I would suggest polling the likely attendees and
find out what works best for them. You'll never please everyone, but
hopefully, you can find a date/time that pleases most of them.

Good luck!

Ilsebet
Shire of Starleaf Gate, Midrealm