[Sca-cooks] Question about dandelions...

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jun 15 08:38:35 PDT 2008

Taraxacum officinale, the Eurasian dandelion, was imported into the New
World during the early years of european settlement.  It has become the
common dandelion of North America.  There are New World species of
dandelions, but these are mostly supplanted by T. officinale.  I don't know
of any reference to how the New World dandelions were used prior to the
introduction of the Old World dandelion.

Bear