[Sca-cooks] Brewing...along similar lines...

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 07:37:48 PDT 2008

Thanks, Bear.  After sending out the message, I looked in Wikipedia and
found the same reference.  I also followed one of their footnote links to a
page, www.whisky.com, which had a longer history section.  There they noted
that in the 19th c. a still was invented that permitted the distillation of
grain-based alcohol, which produced a lighter, less intense whisky that was
then blended with the more potent malt whisky to produce what we now have as
blends.  For anyone who's interested, this is a wonderful page that gives a
more in-depth history.

As I said, I can't document the cordial itself...but I can at least document
the ingredients.  Guess that'll have to do!

Kiri