[Sca-cooks] Cookbooks for Beginners

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 2 10:54:19 PDT 2008

> I am going to be contrary and say buy one book first and it's brand new!
> Peter Brears new book Cooking and Dining in Medieval England
> will be out shortly in the US and should sell for around $50-$60.
> Massive volume at 557 pages.//

I definately want to pick that up when I see it. I love his work.

As far as good beginner cookbooks, I love Pleyn Delit. Although
ocassionally I may disagree with some parts of the redaction, for
someone just getting into period cookery I think it's one of the
best. I still refer to it frequently.

> Johnnae

Gunthar