[Sca-cooks] "Fresh" Cheese Question

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 2 13:29:29 PDT 2008

> Gunthar asked about using Brie. Robin, at Hampton Court, specifically said> that didn't work well. They'd apparently tried it and didn't care for it> in the recipe.
Yeah, that was kind of my question. It really wasn't so much
about mozzarella and brie but they were a couple of major
flavor variations that could be classed under the title of
"soft" cheese. Looking at the recipe, I'd go with the milder cheese
as well. But, you never know....
> So, Doc... You're saying that mozzarella might work well? Man,
>am I going to have a bunch of cheese pies!

Mozzarella could do but I would think a fattier cheese would
work better. Mozzarella can be a bit bland and I think something
with a bit richer flavor would be better.

> Alys K.

Gunthar