[Sca-cooks] OK, you have $7500 to use to build a library

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:19:53 PDT 2008

I don't think I can contribute a cookery book title that someone else hasn't already mentioned, or will mention, but there is one book I think should be included:

"The Making of a Chef" by Michael Ruhlman.  ISBN 0805061738.  Holt, Henry & Co., 1999.  $17.00 trade paperback

It has no recipes, but it says more about being a chef, a student, a teacher; and about commitment, calling, and the qualities of a master artisan than just about any book I've come across.  My husband and I have made it required reading for our apprentices (and none of them are cooks).

In servicio,

Talana