[Sca-cooks] bizcochos and monstacholes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jun 3 22:05:12 PDT 2008

Vittoria answered Urtatim with:
<<<
> Plus, bizcochos are meant to be hard, really hard, because they are
> meant
> to be dipped in wine (or some other beverage). When i made some,
> people did
> not read the card i placed on the bizcocho tray and complained
> about how
> hard they were - and i had the hypocras right next to them!

Yeah, I had the same problem when I made the monstacholes for the
Duchesses'
Ball.  The hypocras was right there, as were instructions to dip, but
no one
seemed to put two and two together...alas. >>>

What are bixcochos? Are these similar to biscotti?

biscotti-msg      (16K)  9/ 3/06    Period biscotti, a twice-baked
travel bread.

What are monstacholes? Recipe/redactions please? I made hypocras for
a Royal Luncheon once. Either of these might be a good thing to serve
with Hypocras if I make it again.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas