[Sca-cooks] Recipe Deal Breakers

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 5 20:21:42 PDT 2008

On Jun 5, 2008, at 11:03 PM, Antonia Calvo wrote:

> Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
>
>> Yes, I saw that and wondered how the responses so quickly became a
>> referendum on what foods people don't like, which is the question
>> that  could have been asked if that had been the intent. In
>> general,  listening to people talk about their food dislikes is
>> much less  interesting, but still easily as unpleasant, as a tax
>> audit or a root  canal.
>

> Dunno... I actually find it can be pretty funny whaen it's done by
> people who are usually adventurous eaters but have finally hit the
> limit.  That is, there's a difference between the sort of people who
> tell you that the Anteater au Bugs Nature et Chocolat was just a
> bridge too far, and people who regale you with how they don't eat
> tomatoes, or celery, or anything "gross"... ad nauseum.

Well, that's really my point. Answering the actual question that was
asked would, to me, come more under the heading of your first
category. The people that want to hold you hostage for nine hours
while they discuss why they don't care for liver, and who feel that
your listening to it is a perfectly viable way for you to spend your
time, well, that gets old _really_ fast.

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter