[Sca-cooks] Recipe Deal Breakers

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jun 6 10:40:07 PDT 2008

> When I first started doing SCA cooking, I had a horrible time with ooky
> textures--skinning chicken, mixing or shaping ground meat.  Not the fault
> of
> the food...I simply have a horrible time with the texture thing--almost a
> phobia, although repeated exposure (and needing to bone and skin 40 lbs of
> chicken one time) has largely gotten me over it.

Oh yes. I didn't grow up eating much chicken, and when I started cooking
in the SCA, dealing with mass amounts of raw or even cooked chicken
squicked me. My friend Sarah helped me with that, until finally we did Hen
in Broth for several hundred and I ended up deboning and chopping the
chicken (it was for a dayboard) as it came out of the soup. I'm much
better about chicken now.

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net