[Sca-cooks] Coffyn Paste

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 6 17:52:39 PDT 2008

If I were trying to make a free-standing coffin, I would probably try two
recipes.  The first would be flour and water at 3:1 by weight, adding flour
about an ounce at a time until it reached the consistency I thought would
work.  2:1 gives a semi-liquid or semi-solid starter consistency.  3:1 gives
a soft dough.

If I were using a fat in the mix, I would start with a standard 3:2:1,
flour, fat and liquid, again adding flour an ounce at a time.  Using simply
flour and fat, 3:2.

Unless it is in very large quantity, salt is immaterial.  Large quantities
of salt produce a variant of putty, which can be prepared by feel.  This is
an experiment I would not want to repeat outside of Kindergarten.

Eggs are both liquid and fat.  I would estimate a large egg as 1 ounce of
fat and two to three ounces of liquid.

Bear