[Sca-cooks] Something to Ponder-OT, OP

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 18:37:07 PDT 2008

> So why do only Dads merit this chicken roaster and where are they getting
> those 12 pound chickens? (My husband mentioned steroids in passing.)

I think because, here at least, those roasters were preceded by the
roast-a-chicken-over-a-beer-can fad, and everybody knows that beer and
the barbecue belong to the male half of the couple... well... In
theory. I'm a beer-lover so he has to share.

As for the size of the chickens... a lot of fat, and water added to
the meat to make it heavier.... or maybe they found a way to cross
them with turkeys :-) They have some pretty huge ones around here,
I've just never bothered looking because I always buy the smallest I
can find.