[Sca-cooks] Something to Ponder-OT, OP

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Jun 11 05:11:58 PDT 2008

Master Johann's the one to ask, but I suspect that looking at Jungle
Fowl, which are believed to be the ancestor of most modern chickens
would give you an idea.

http://www.geocities.com/hs_wong33/RedJungleFowl.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junglefowl

 If you look on the McMurray site, you can get an idea of how many
variations there are.

I'd like to get some period chickens, to go with my period geese, but
Margali won't let me. And, I'd dearly love to order one of their
specials:

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/product/ornamental_layer_collection.html

Wouldn't mind this one, either:

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/product/assorted_guinea_package.html

For those that are interested, there's another outfit that has some
pretty good deals:

http://www.ideal-poultry.com/

That's where I got my ducks and geese.

--