[Sca-cooks] Cooking Guild in my Shire ...

Maria Buchanan scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 11 06:33:16 PDT 2008

Ok.  I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on starting
a Cooking Guild.

I want to start one in my shire here in Ansteorra.

My idea was to have a meeting once a month, scheduled
a month in advance, that would have a theme (A la Iron
Chef).  The theme would be either an ingredient or a
type of cooking (eggplant - ingredient or Thai -
type).  I thought then everyone could bring a dish to
the meeting and there would be 3 - 4 people who would
actually make their food at the meeting and teach how
it's made.  Everyone would bring copies of a recipe
for their dish.

Does this sound like something that you guys would be
interested in?  I've spoken to the Shire at the pop
meeting and they said we could try it, but we don't
always have a lot of people show up at the guild
meetings int he area.  My feeling is that they are
scheduling the meetings at a bad time.  I'd schedule
mine in the late afternoon and not schedule it
opposite events that people may want to go to.  (the
last Fiber art's guild meeting was scheduled opposite
a large event up in the Dallas area, the one before
was scheduled opposite the Archery practice that is
VERY well attended.)

Anyway, does it sound like something interesting?
Just wondering.

Maria