[Sca-cooks] Apple Pillows, Chicken Buns, Oil Choices, oh my.

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 14 08:17:24 PDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
Lastly, with the Dyuerse Bake Metis, I used ground pork and decided
that with the leanness of todays pork I'd add extra fat. I realize now
that bacon was a bad choice because of the smoke flavor. Would lard
work?  Or am i  nuts to add extra fat ?  > > > > >

I'd bet that using ground shoulder or butt would give you a good mx of
lean/fat.  If that doesn't appeal;, then I suggest that simple, fresh belly
would be better than rendered lard.  You'll get some connective tissues as
well as other animal materials that aren't in lard, which just liquifies
when heated.

niccolo