[Sca-cooks] Cookbook Bibliography

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Mon Jun 16 11:00:37 PDT 2008

> Here is a link to my draft:

> http://talisman.clift.org/sam/sca/classes_and_articles/CookbookIinformation.xls

> Please let me know what you think.

Well, first, let me say: Thanks a lot for many new online items I was not aware of.

I am not sure what kind of project you have in mind, sort of a personal notebook or something more systematical?

In the latter case if have a few minor questions and one quibble:

-- The quibble first: The entry "Pseudonym" covers many different types
of information: subtitles, translations of titles, spelling variants of
the title,
locations of manuscripts, and I guess there are more. That's not what
is usually understood under "pseudonym". (Might be that my data
got scambled during transmission.)

-- Are you interested in documenting multiple internet copies. The
Bruyerin edition 1560 e.g. is online in four different places, the one
you mention,
at the Grewe site, in the gallica collection and in another collection which escapes me for the moment.

-- How does your project relate to culinaryhistory.org and to Martha Carlin's bibliography?

-- Do you want to include all the medical authors, herbals, legal texts
and so forth that have something to do with food and eating habits?

Symphorien Champier, Rosa gallica (1518 ed.) is online here:

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k52328p/f2.notice

As for the xls-format. I for one would prefer a format that fits better
to my small screen, something along the lines of Dana Sutton's pages:

http://philological.bham.ac.uk/bibliography/pl.html  (with the Platina entries)

Again: thank you for all the useful and new items and links,

E.