[Sca-cooks] OOP Bananas

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Wed Jun 18 13:40:14 PDT 2008

Well, yeah, it's complicated. BTW, in a similar philosophical issue, I've
pretty much given up eating fish because of the way the world's oceans have
been decimated by the global fishing industry. Not on a crusade or anything,
just a personal decision- I love fish and shellfish, but between that and
pollutants, I just can only rarely bring myself to eat fish any more-I think
the last time was when Daniel brought home a dozen Spanish mackerel that
they caught when he was out on the boat doing coastal geology stuff. I still
happily eat chicken and pork and beef, no veggie heads in this house! No
claims for philosophical consistency, either. PRobably will keep eating
bananas, maybe get the organic ones once in a while, altho they're way more
expensive, and that doesn't address the political issues around the growing
practices, either. The disease one's been coming, I read about that a couple
of years ago. Just more reason to be interested in heirloom varieties, it
would seem.
YIS
Isabella

Frank Zappa

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead.
Thomas Paine