[Sca-cooks] Digests?

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 19:18:02 PDT 2008

Suey,

A digest in a mailing list is where instead of getting many many email
messages in one day from a list, the server "collects" the posts, and
combines them into one post. Generally, one digest is sent every 24
hours, or sooner if there are more than a few posts within that
timeframe. If a list is quiet, no digests will be sent out until
someone sends email to the list.

I don't think anyone realized that you didn't know what the digest
option is. I know I didn't, based on your first email. I also thought
you were suggesting the list become all digest only, but then my tech
support training kicked in, and I realized that you didn't know the
digest option was even available individually. Then other folks were
quicker with the instructions on how to sign up for digest than I was,
so I didn't reply earlier.

Rest assured, selecting the digest option from the links given earlier
will NOT unsubscribe you - you'll just get fewer overall emails, but
still get all the information sent to the list. The formatting might
go "weird", but the info will be there.

I hope this helps...

Ilsebet