[Sca-cooks] "Adulterated" Flour

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Wed Jun 4 08:58:03 PDT 2008

I use King Arthur flour, and have been very happy with it, but the only
pastry flour in our local grocery is Swans Down, just checked the box in our
cabinet and it has vitamins added to it, but other than that it is only
bleached wheat flour.
Thanks for the hint about the email lists, Johnna-I've been avoiding those
in general, but as I want to try KA's white whole wheat and now their pastry
flour I'll go sign up for them. I also seem to recall they have bins to put
the flour in; here in Florida we keep it in big ziplocs in the refrigerator.
Cheers,
Isabella

Frank Zappa

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead.
Thomas Paine