[Sca-cooks] Prayers for recipe timing

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 02:27:38 PDT 2008

'Lainie dear, the reason that "hippopotamus" is more accurate that saying "thousand" is because
you are not supposed to say just "thousand" but rather "hundred thousand".  My old kitchen clock
makes a click every time the second hand moves.  I can say the syllables just right to match the
clicks of the clock.  "one hundred thousand, two hundred thousand, three hundred thousand."  Try
it that way and you will find it works just as well.

Huette