[Sca-cooks] Recipe Deal Breakers

terry l. ridder terrylr at blauedonau.com
Fri Jun 6 04:05:24 PDT 2008

hello;

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:

> When I first started cooking SCA-period recipes,
> almond milk was a deal breaker. Then it was pie
> crusts (I still don't make my own). Now... I
> couldn't tell you for sure what my deal breakers
> are, except maybe lamb, brains, and most offal.
> Anyone else have 'deal breakers' in period
> recipes?

recipe deal breakers are lamb, brains, and veal.

we use to raise sheep for wool and many a lamb
were borne and raised by my children. my children
raised several lambs orphaned by their mothers,
feeding them with baby bottles.

my grandfather and uncle both were dairy farmers
in wisconsin. many a summer i helped on the farms.
help pull many a calf from a cow having a little
trouble giving birth. i feed many a calf a bucket
of their mother's milk in a nibbled milk bottle
or metal bucket.

--
terry l. ridder ><>