[Sca-cooks] Cooking Guild in my Shire ...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 07:03:22 PDT 2008

I am not Stefan, nor do I play him in the SCA, but if you look here in the Florilegium cookng-guilds-msg – 7/9/05then you will find different ideas, including one from me about how our cooks guild works here in Bright Hills, Atlantia.Olwen> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:33:16 -0700> From: scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net> To: sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: [Sca-cooks] Cooking Guild in my Shire ...>> Ok. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on starting> a Cooking Guild.>> I want to start one in my shire here in Ansteorra.>> My idea was to have a meeting once a month, scheduled> a month in advance, that would have a theme (A la Iron> Chef). The theme would be either an ingredient or a> type of cooking (eggplant - ingredient or Thai -> type). I thought then everyone could bring a dish to> the meeting and there would be 3 - 4 people who would> actually make their food at the meeting and teach how> it's made. Everyone would bring copies of a recipe> for their dish.>> Does this sound like something that you guys would be> interested in? I've spoken to the Shire at the pop> meeting and they said we could try it, but we don't> always have a lot of people show up at the guild> meetings int he area. My feeling is that they are> scheduling the meetings at a bad time. I'd schedule> mine in the late afternoon and not schedule it> opposite events that people may want to go to. (the> last Fiber art's guild meeting was scheduled opposite> a large event up in the Dallas area, the one before> was scheduled opposite the Archery practice that is> VERY well attended.)>> Anyway, does it sound like something interesting?> Just wondering.>> Maria> _______________________________________________> Sca-cooks mailing list> Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/sca-cooks-ansteorra.org