[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk Cheese

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Tue Jun 17 16:48:35 PDT 2008

If you cook the almond milk to reduce and thicken it, you can then pour it
onto a cotton towel (NOT terrycloth, but a smooth fabric like an
old-fashioned flour sack towel) on a plate, let it sit and it will set into
something like a very soft, very smooth cream cheese.

I did this once and was able to use the almond "cheese" instead of cream
cheese in a pear tart I made.  Such almond-y flavor, with a smooth, light
mouth feel rather than the richer, heavier feel of cream cheese!

 -Helena