[Sca-cooks] Cooking with children

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 23:56:04 PDT 2008

On 6/18/08, Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Christianna asked about cooking with children.
>
> My first response was going to be that you have to minimize the
> cooking time, lest they get too tough and dry... but we won't go there.

It is generally considered that the young of any species tend to
provide the most tender meat, and suitable for a variety of cooking
methods.  In one source (1729, and thus OOP), we read that "a young
healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious,
nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or
boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee
or a ragout."

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
My NEW email is rcarrollmann at gmail.com