[Sca-cooks] Cooking with children

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 18 12:27:59 PDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
Does anyone have any ideas out there for a food item that
could be made by children as part of a class using period
techniques, but does not require any actual heating or cooking?
We will be in an indoor room with a table but without any
kitchen facilities as far as I am aware.  It will be too hot at that
time of year (August in Texas)  to go outside and do a fire.
I am thinking yogurt, cheese or marzipan or something like that.

Christianna  > > > > > > > >

Any number of mustard recipes would do well . . .
Beverage syrups . . .
Stuffed dates / figs . . .
Almond milk and its derivatives COULD be done with preheated water in a
thermos . . .

niccolo difrancesco