[Sca-cooks] brewing

Beth Ann Bretter ladypeyton at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 09:25:14 PDT 2008

Wine making Laurel here.  The vast majority of bottled beverages include a preservative that inhibits yeast so your beverge is more likely to go bad long before it ferments.

It is possible to override the preservative by adding a large amount of active yeast, I've done it many times as I've made wine from almost anything I thought  would ferment including potatoes, onions and grapefruit, but I would NOT encourage drinking anything you think fermented on its own.

Peyton