[Sca-cooks] Regards Amtrak

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 20:18:37 PDT 2008

> And, from there, you can take a Canadian train?  Same station, or what?

The previous message stated that you go through customs as you board.
That would mean that you go through Canadian customs in the U.S.
before you take your train.

When you take the plane from Canada to the U.S., you go through U.S.
customs before they let you board the plane (in Canada -- they have a
customs office in every major airport, I've been through it in
Vancouver and Montreal, for example). I've never seen a Canadian
customs office in an U.S. airport though, we usually go through
Canadian customs when we get to the Canadian airport (Montreal, in our
case). I would have expected the trains to be the same.

So, assuming the trains are the same as the planes, you get on your
train, the train crosses the border (you don't notice), it stops at
the Canadian station to which you were bound, you get off, go through
Canadian customs, then if you have another train to take you take it,
or if this is your final station you get out of the train station.
Since you're already in Canada there are no customs to go through for
the second train.