[Sca-cooks] OT: Giving up smoking

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 17:08:45 PDT 2008

 Euriol, Elaine and Johanna replied. Thank you all three. Elaine said:

> Suey,
> I understand your frustration.  I suggest you take a look at the American
> Cancer Society's Quit Smoking
> page<http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/PED_10_13X_Guide_for_Quitting_Smoking.asp?from=fast>
> While a lot of what is there regarding smoking cessation programs, you might
> find something that will help you figure out where to go in your own
> country.  If all else fails, you can contact them (phone or email) to ask if
> they know about any programs near where you live.
>
> Beyond that, not being in Chile, there probably isn't much that any of us
> here in the US can offer beyond letting you know that you have our support
> in what you are trying to do.  I quit almost 30 years ago...a 20 year, 2
> pack a day habit, so trust me, I feel your pain!  But you can do it!  You
> just have to be more determined than the habit is.
>
> Kiri

Many thanks for this information for at the end of the day we 'sinners'
who were in the 'in group' when growing up by smoking are going through
hell but few want to help us. My daughter is the supreme witch of the
inquisition condemning me. No one warned me that I would loose hair. No
one told me how to not gain weight. No one told me how to prevent
getting drugged by Dr. Psycho who bleed money out of me until my husband
blew the whistle.
Thank you Kiri, especially, because without your hugs and those of my
spouse I think I would go crazy.
Suey