[Sca-cooks] elderflowers

KristiWhyKelly at aol.com KristiWhyKelly at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 17:03:14 PDT 2008

Has anyone had experience with elderflowers?  I've ordered dried ones  years
ago and I remember them as almost too fragrant.  My Adams elderflower  finally
flowered this year, and I wonder if I need to do something with them,  like
dry them.  Fresh, they have no scent nor flavor.

Any ideas?  Or do I just hold out for the berries?

Also, I've found references to currants but not the colors in recipes,
anyone know if the black ones are periodish or should I just save the red ones  for
my SCA recipes?

Thanks,

Grace

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.