[Sca-cooks] OP: One from the Bookshelf...

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jun 5 10:09:47 PDT 2008

Ras would have loved this, though Phlip might too...
I found in our folklore/folklife section this book:

Guinea-Pigs: Food, Symbol, and Conflict of Knowledge in Ecuador.
by Eduardo P. Archetti. (NY: Berg, 1997)

Of special interest (other than data about raising of ritual food animals,
i.e. guinea pigs, in the house) is the discussion of the (*modern*!)
relative humoral qualities assigned to different meats (hot vs. cold), and
how the usual preparation method for a particular meat affects/is affected
by its humoral profile.

And yes, there are recipes. :)

--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa