[Sca-cooks] brewing

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 23:57:18 PDT 2008

Okay, this question is a little silly, but I'm curious.

>From what I can ascertain, brewers use a special yeast, which is more
delicate, and provides a finer taste.

But....what if you had a fruit beverage....(something like Ocean Spray,
which is chock-full of sugars, or a fruit cocktail with pure sugar in it)
and let it ferment from yeast in the air?  Would the resultant...uh...mess
be safe to administer to humans?  And what would it be called?

Obviously, out-gassing is a concern, so you'd have to open the bottle, from
time to time.  Or you'd get exploded plastic.

And how would it taste?  But the most important, would it be something that
would make people sick?

--
Ian of Oertha