[Sca-cooks] Crocodile was Magpies

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Mar 4 11:30:34 PST 2008

Interesting. Can you provide the recipes and text that show that
the classical Romans ate snakes and crocodiles? Not medicinal, but actually
banquet fare for the crocodiles and snakes. Apicius oddly doesn't list
snakes
or crocodiles, so what source does?
Also What medieval Arab and Chinese recipes can you offer for eating
crocodile?
Which texts and which recipes? Again non-medicinal references would be
helpful.

Johnnae