[Sca-cooks] BAD sources for historical cooks

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 04:01:03 PDT 2008

I wrote a review of the Medieval & Tudor chapter from "A Book of
Historical Recipes" by Sara Paston-Williams [Nat.Trust 1999, ISBN
0707802407], which I believe qualifies. You can find it here:
http://www.thorngrove.net/athenaeum/ckbk-review.htm.
A children's book I also don't recommend is Richard Wood's "Kitchens
Through the Ages" [Wayland Publishing Ltd 1997 ISBN 075022133X].

ciao
Lucrezia