[Sca-cooks] OOP/OT The dangers of late night baking

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 18 07:38:17 PDT 2008

Well, I wanted pizza. So I whipped up a quick-rising
dough and grabbed myself some canned pesto, fresh
tomatoes, salami, button mushrooms and grated emmental
and never once thought to check the oven. All I can
say in my defense is that it was after 9pm and I had
been teaching for 9 hours. I did notice the funny
smell, but thought nothing more than 'time to clean
out the oven this weekend, I must have spilled
something'. When I couldn't find my plastic spatula, I
started to worry.

I just scraped away the melted slag from the bottom of
the oven where it had slipped out of sight under the
baking stone. Dangit, it *had* to happen on a pizza
day.

Quota of stupid accidents for the season - check.

Giano

      E-Mails jetzt auf Ihrem Handy.
www.yahoo.de/go