[Sca-cooks] Khabisa with Pomegranate

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 03:58:16 PDT 2008

When I made this previously, I did use semolina.  I used the ratio
recommended in Duke Cariodoc's redaction and it made lovely little balls of  reddish
candy with chuncks (I chopped the almonds by hand) of almond.  As I  formed
them...everyone asked if I was making "meatballs", as they looked  remarkably like
raw hamburger (with the fat mixed through).   A  subtlety was born!   Our
upcoming event has the theme of the "black  plague".  This candy will be served
as dessert.   For those who  have the nerve to try it.  Once tried, several
folks loved it at the cook's  guild meeting!  I didn't have to take any home.

Etain

Home.