[Sca-cooks] Khabisa with Pomegranate

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 11:57:36 PDT 2008

Thanks to your suggestion on the list...and the recipe you so kindly
provided a couple of weeks ago, we served Khabisa at our "A Day in the
Middle East" yesterday.  Oh my!!  We made it with semolina flour, as the
recipe suggested.  It was good when it was first made, but, as it sat over
the intervening week until we actually served it yesterday, the pomegranate
flavor really came out...in fact, it was suggested that the next time we
might want to cut back on that a bit.  Now admittedly, I could not find
pomegranate juice at a reasonable price, so we made our own with pomegranate
molasses, sugar and water.  Seemed to work just fine.  Thanks for sharing.

Kiri

--
Relay for Life is the signature event for the American Cancer Society. This
link<http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?px=3678599&pg=personal&fr_id=9276>will