[Sca-cooks] santokus and chiffonade

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 1 19:27:42 PST 2008

Aeduin said:
<<< I resisted the santokus for a while since they seemed to be the
"hot,
new, shiny" thing in knives.  But since the neck injury has reduced
the amount I can use my arm without pain I got one and find it can do
quite a lot of what I was doing with my 10" chef's knife.  Some
things still work better with the long blade and its techniques,
chiffonade for example. >>>

Okay, what kind of knife is a "santoku"? I assume this style comes
from Japan?

Secondly, what is a "chiffonade"?

Stefan
--------