[Sca-cooks] Magpies

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 3 12:42:44 PST 2008

Magpies

> How do you cook them and what do they taste like?

I would guess that they are cooked in the same fashion as other small birds.  Generally roasted whole (because cutting them up would be a complete waste of time).

THAT being said !!!

(PERSONAL OPINION warning HERE!!!)
EWH ... and ... EWH!!!

we have a LOT of magpies local.  They are trash and carrion eaters, mostly scavenging on garbage cans and dumpsters.

I would put them in the same category as I have for frogs, alligators and snakes as things I would consider if I were starving and there was nothing else available.  Yes I have eaten all of the above.  I would prefer not to have to try any of the above again.

again, this is just me ... others may have different views

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia
Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.