[Sca-cooks] Sausage question....

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Sat Mar 8 18:56:33 PST 2008

I did a trial run of that sausage/apple/onion pottage that was discussed earlier this winter, using granny smith apples and a locally-made German-style sausage.  The results were tasty, but not spectacular.  The flavor of the sausage just sort of disappeared into the flavor of the onions and apples and spices.
I'm thinking that another kind of sausage, one more highly spiced, or perhaps smoked?, might be a better choice for this dish, which I hope to bring to a potluck feast in a couple of weeks.  Any suggestions? I know some other list members have made this dish, so I'd love to hear what kind of sausages were used....
--Maire