[Sca-cooks] Sausage question....

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Sat Mar 8 23:41:14 PST 2008

I don't know about the specifics of this pottage, but
there is a kind of North German stewing sausage called
'Mettenden' that is used in similar recipes. It is a
very unsubtle, coarse-ground, highly-seasoned pork
sausage that needs to be pricked of cut up before
cooking so the fat can run out and carry the flavour
into the stew. We usually put it in green cabbage or
apple-potato stew.

Giano

I did a trial run of that sausage/apple/onion pottage
that was
 discussed earlier this winter, using granny smith
apples and a locally-made
 German-style sausage.  The results were tasty, but
not spectacular.  The
 flavor of the sausage just sort of disappeared into
the flavor of the
 onions and apples and spices.
I'm thinking that another kind of sausage, one more
highly spiced, or
 perhaps smoked?, might be a better choice for this
dish, which I hope to
 bring to a potluck feast in a couple of weeks.  Any
suggestions? I
 know some other list members have made this dish, so
I'd love to hear what
 kind of sausages were used....
--Maire

      Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails jetzt einfach von unterwegs.
www.yahoo.de/go