[Sca-cooks] BAD sources for historical cooks

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 12 14:40:18 PDT 2008

Vittoria and i are putting together a class for cooks new to
historical cooking, which we plan to teach at two events in our
Kingdom, The West, this year.

We'll discuss how to go from an historical recipe to a finished dish,
along with some guidance so they can see that entering a cooking
competition is really relatively easy (at least it is in our
Kingdom). We'll discuss where to find recipes, how to work with them,
were to get ingredients, etc.

We come before you to ask for some assistance.

We both have examples of good resources. But aside from my copy of
"Fabulous Feasts" which i bought decades ago and not for the recipes
anyway, neither of us owns any really bad recipe sources.

By bad sources, I don't mean out of period books, but sources which
appear to present Medieval recipes and fail.

We plan to show the students these books so they can see why they are not good.

I thank you for any suggestions.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita