[Sca-cooks] Terry Nutter's article was A curious question about the rotted meat mythos

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 13 17:06:17 PDT 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 7:45 PM, Johnna Holloway wrote:

> Thanks for posting this. I always feel funny about posting Terry's
> stuff
> myself
> since I ended up completing the Concordance which started out as her
> project.
> That's why I wanted to find a link back again. (It actually can be
> done
> as I discovered after
> about an hour of playing around this am but it's all too complicated
> go into.)
>
> Terry Nutter for those that are new to SCA Cooks was a member of this
> list and wrote
> articles on food history. She was an associate professor in computer
> science and lived
> in a number of kingdoms while working on her degrees and in her field.
> She died of a heart attack in June 2001 at the age of 50.
>
> This brings up the point-- does anyone have copies of her written
> booklets?
> She did 2, perhaps 3, dating from 1996 or 1997.
> The "little book" is called "A Beginner's Book of Meal Planning for
> the
> Current Middle Ages".
> There was also a second edition announced.
> The "big book" was called "A Beginner's Book of Receipts for the
> Current
> Middle Ages: Twenty-Five Recipes from England and France in the 14th
> and
> 15th Centuries."
>
> Anyone know who would have these?

I'll bet you a dollar some cantankerous person in the Barony of
Carolingia in the East Kingdom has custody of at least some such
material. That's not the only place she lived and worked, but it's a
group that seems to place high store on... um... archiving. On the
other hand, I don't think she lived there in 96 or 97.

Adamantius