[Sca-cooks] Dough question

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 06:09:59 PDT 2008

Hi guys!
No, I don't want to know about money, but rather the other kind.  I am
making a braided bread-type dessert for my ME feast...it's called Daifur,
and the ingredients for the dough are:

1 lb semolina = 2 3/8 c
1 1/2 c flour
1 c water
LEAVENING:
1 cup sourdough starter
1 t salt
3 eggs
1/4 gram saffron (see note), Note: the recipe calls for a dirham of saffron
= 3.8 grams, which is an incredible amount of saffron. If this is a scribal
error for a danaq, it would be .6 grams. I actually used not quite half of
that amount; but I think a danaq would work well-I do no
1 tablespoon oil , to brush on
oil for frying
sugar

What I'm wondering is.....we know we can make it day before and it still
works the day of.  How would it work to make it up the previous Sunday and
freeze it, thawing it out, say, the morning of the event?  Would that still
rise properly, etc.  It is a braided bread, almost like a donut type thing.
What do the wise, yeast-bread-knowledgeable folks here think?

Kiri

--
Relay for Life is the signature event for the American Cancer Society. This
link will take you to my personal page where you can learn more about this

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?px=3678599&pg=personal&fr_id=9276