[Sca-cooks] Recipe help

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Mar 18 20:22:31 PDT 2008

OK, folks, we're starting planning for the EK Cooking Collegium, in
June. It seems I'll be in charge of the stuff over the open fire (Gee,
say it ain't so ;-) So, I'm looking for good period recipes that would
lend themselves to the enterprise.

First off, the website:

http://www.eastkingdom.org/event-detail.html?eid=1544

Why am I giving you this? Why, because I'd dearly love to see every
one of you who can get there ;-) It's in New Jersey, which is
reasonably close for those of you in Aethelmearc and Atlantia, and
even the Eastern MK to get to, so please, join us ;-)

Anyway, I would like suggestions from y'all. One thing I know I'll
have is a deer, and I'll be using my stew pot to cook up a venison
stew. I'd dearly love any period recipes anyone might have, but if
necessary, I can put together a variation on Beef Y-stewed.

I believe one of our new members mentioned the quail in bacon he'd
made- I meant to ask about it at the time, but I'm asking now- where
did you get the recipe? Is it period, or a variation on a period
recipe? Please. tell me.

I'm trying to talk Elisabetta into roasted rabbit, but someone else is
suggesting chicken. I can deal with that, either way, but if someone
has any period recipes using either ingredient, that they think would
do well over an open fire, let me know. Gunthar, I'm already
considering your spinning meats.

Keep in mind, guys, that if special equipment is needed, I can build
it. And, I can likely cook things you might not suspect over an open
fire ;-)

While I'm thinking mostly meats, I'd love to have some vegetable
dishes, too- I'm truly an omnivore, and will eat anything that doesn't
move fast enough ;-)

Oh- one suggestion was goose, and I know where we can get duck fairly
inexpensively, so any recipes for either would be appreciated

Please, let me pick your warped little brains- I have a recipe for them, too ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard