[Sca-cooks] Recipe help

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Mar 18 21:32:15 PDT 2008

Yeah, think it was you ;-) Was very interested in the recipe- sounds
delightful, and would be very easy to get someone started cooking on
an open fire, beyond hot dogs ;-)

What's your interpretation of the parchment-like bacon? It's French,
so I'm thinking it might actually not mean what we mean by bacon,
being so close to Latin- perhaps a seasoned fatty pork? Anybody?

Any spicing or pre-soaking suggestions in Le Menagier?

Jadwiga- you happen to know what the humoral properties of small birds
might be? I'm thinking they might be hot and dry in lesser degree than
red meats, and thus a marinade might be a reasonable option.

Anyone else any thoughts?

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up