[Sca-cooks] Above/Below the Salt

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Mar 19 09:43:17 PDT 2008

I have been involved in one multiple-tier feast that I remember, and it
got iffy reception. There was high feast and low feast, in two separate
halls in the same building, but only one kitchen. The kitchen part of it
was a nightmare, with two different cooks (and two different budgets) but
only one set of facilities. I don't know of anything similar that's been
done since.

Sometimes the head table gets special dishes, but that's about it. If I do
a feast again, I would really like to do the 'head table sends special
tidbits to favorites' period practice, but I seriously doubt that such
a practice would go over well in our kingdom.

Margaret FitzWilliam
Barony of Nordskogen
Kingdom of Northshield